Upon completing this unit, students
will be able to:
1. Examine how technological developments drove social, political, and economic change in ways not possible in prior eras.
2. Analyze the strengths and flaws of the League of Nations.
3. Assess how peace and stability might have been more fully served through the League than it was.
4. Evaluate the events and leaders of the Russian Revolution and its potential for
5. Examine responses of Arabic-speaking peoples to the political geography of the Middle East established after World War I.
6. Evaluate the impact of early twentieth-century technological advances on tropical African societies.